SEASON: Portage Creek operates Mid May – Late September dependent on winter break-up & water levels. Call or email us to confirm mid May or late September availability.
FLEXIBLE DEPARTURE TIMES: 9:00 am or 5:00 pm normal start times for your float trip. Call or email us to customize your raft departure time.
EVENING DEPARTURES: Most guests joining us for the 5:00 PM Start-time join us for a riverside Portage Salmon Bake. You won’t have a better Alaskan meal. The Cost for the Portage Scenic Float & Salmon Bake is $169 per Adult, & $149 per Child.
Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center Add-on for Morning Departures:
- Wildlife Guaranteed on the AWCC tour! (We have seen Moose, Black Bear, Wolves, Coyote, & Porcupine on Portage River, but cannot guarantee a sighting in the wild.)
- Musk Oxen, Moose, Caribou, Wood Bison, Black Bear, Brown Bear, Porcupine & Many More at AWCC.
- One of the best Gift Shop in Alaska resides at AWCC.
- Catered Sack Lunch Provided. If you are vegetarian or gluten free or have any other dietary restriction, please let us know ahead of time. Lunch includes a Sandwich/Wrap, piece of Fruit, Chips, and a Dessert.
- Children– If you have young children, please let us know, so we can provide car seats, or if kids need a special meal / sandwich.
What to Bring:
- Thick socks (to wear with our rubber boots)
- Warm clothes (wear synthetic layers and bring the rain coat)
- Warm hat
CA Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made within 7 days will receive a 50% refund. For cancellations within 48 hours NO refund will be given. Cancellations made 8 days or more in advance will receive a full refund minus a 5% transaction fee.
Trip Minimum for Rafts
This tour has a four person minimum. You have the option of purchasing an empty seat to make the tour happen with fewer than four. Please contact us direct at 907-783-1860; before booking if you’d like to book with less than four guests and we will let you know if we can accommodate your float. Our Spencer Tours run everyday, and have no minimums.