SEASON: Portage Creek operates Mid May – Late September dependent on winter break-up & water levels. Call or email us to confirm mid-May or late September availability.
FLEXIBLE DEPARTURE TIMES: 9:00 am or 5:00 pm normal start times for your float trip with some flexibility. Call or email us to customize your raft departure time.
Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center Add-on for Morning Departures:
- Wildlife Guaranteed on the AWCC tour! (We have seen Moose, Black Bear, Wolves, Coyote, & Porcupine on Portage River, but cannot guarantee a sighting in the wild.)
- Musk Oxen, Moose, Caribou, Wood Bison, Black Bear, Brown Bear, Porcupine & Many More at AWCC.
- One of the best Gift Shop in Alaska resides at AWCC.
- Catered Sack Lunch Provided. If you are vegetarian or gluten free or have any other dietary restriction, please let us know ahead of time. Lunch includes a Sandwich/Wrap, piece of Fruit, Chips, and a Dessert.
- Children– If you have young children, please let us know, so we can provide car seats, or if kids need a special meal / sandwich.
What to Bring:
- Thick socks (to wear with our rubber boots)
- Warm clothes (wear synthetic layers and bring a rain coat)
- Warm hat
Cancellation Policy for Day Tour Bookings:
Cancellations made 10 days or more in advance are 95% refundable (there is a 5% non-commissionable cancellation fee that covers credit card processing fees and other charges). Any cancellations made between 3 to 9 days in advance will receive a 50% refund. For cancellations within 48 hours, no refund will be given.
Trip Minimum for Rafts
This tour has a 4 person minimum. You have the option of purchasing empty seats to make the tour happen with fewer than four. Please contact our office directly at 907-783-1860 before booking if you’d like to book with less than four guests and we will let you know if we can accommodate your float trip. Our Spencer Iceberg Float Trip runs every day and has no minimums; this is our most popular tour of the summer season.
Gratuity / Tip
Our guides are expected to go above and beyond for this trip and greatly appreciate any & all gratuities.