- Hearty & healthy snacks & Tea provided after your practice.
- Return at 8:30 PM for an evening Train Dinner & Return trip to Girdwood (9:00 PM) or Anchorage (10:00 PM).
- Vegetarian/gluten free options available. Please let us know ahead of time if you have dietary restrictions.
- We provide rubber boots, rain poncho (If it is a rainy day), & Personal Flotation Device (life vest) for your Raft / Canoe tour.
- Most guests bring their cameras, we can’t guarantee that they won’t get wet, but you should get amazing photos.
- We require all guests to sign a release of liability on the rafting/canoe tours.
- Spencer Lake Tour Canoe capacity & Raft Vs. Canoe– 4 people min/10 people max per canoe. We don’t recommend a minimum of 4 guests in the canoe unless you are strong paddlers, and there is no wind on the lake. The guide provides the steering in the back for the canoe, but is unable to provide as much muscle power to get across the lake. Whereas, in a raft a guide will provide the majority of the power to get across the lake. Guests can paddle assist in a raft, which is helpful and encouraged. As one of our guides likes to say during his canoe safety speech, “this is not a Disneyland ride with a magical cable that is going to pull you across the lake to the glacier, it is up to your determination & muscle power.”
- Spencer Lake Distances: The paddle across the lake is approximately 1.25 miles one way. It takes anywhere between 20 Minutes (With Calm Perfect weather) to 1 hour to paddle across the lake in a Canoe. 35 Minutes to Not possible if windy in a Raft.
- There are restrooms on the train, at the Spencer Whistle Stop, and a Forest Service Restroom on the Western Edge of the lake. There are not restrooms once we are on the lake, backcountry options only.
Weather and Trip Adjustments
Water levels, wind, and other natural factors beyond our control may cause us to alter your trip.
Chugach Adventures / AK Railroad Cancellation Policy
Any cancellation made up to 7 days in advance will receive a 50% refund. For cancellations within 48 hours, NO refund will be given. Cancellations made 8 days or more in advance will receive a full refund minus a 5% transaction fee.