Spencer Glacier Salmon Bake with Bears, Trains, and Icebergs
- Ride the Glacier Discovery Train & Coastal Classic AK Railroad
- Float by Icebergs on Spencer Lake
- Wild AK Salmon Bake Dinner at Spencer Glacier
Enjoy an authentic Alaskan meal under the midnight sun at Spencer Lake. Alaska Salmon caught from local Alaskan fishermen will be grilled by your guide chef. Side dishes include pasta salad with pesto & roasted peppers; Caesar salad, garlic bread, Alaska blueberry crumble, and hot drinks. Vegetarian and children menu options are also available. You won’t have a finer dinner experience in Alaska.
Vegetarian, gluten-free, and children’s options are available. Please let us know ahead of time if you have any dietary requests or needs.
Your Wild Alaskan SALMON part of a Community Supported Fishery:
Caught by Emma & Kurtis Kramer from Straight to the Plate. “Our fishing methods have very little impact on the ocean habitat and we have nearly no negative by-catch. Our gill-net is 300 feet long and 12 feet deep. We set out along the shore, out in the deep, drifting towards the mouths of rivers or wherever the captain senses the salmon are. As we haul the net into the boat, each salmon we hand pick from the net is gill bled and chilled within minutes of leaving the ocean. Deep in the boat’s hull, our catch is held in bags of slush ice, minimizing bruising and maximizing quality.
A Community Supported Fishery is a business model where we pre-sell shares of our catch to local customers (like Chugach Adventures). We then fill these orders during our fishing season, bypassing the dominating global supply chains and keeping our process small and sustainable. By directly marketing our catch, we can ensure our customers get high-quality salmon and full transparency in their purchase. In turn, we as local fishermen, cultivate a more sustainable business, get to keep more from the sale of our own fish, and contribute to the growing awareness of our food supply chain, keeping our health in our own hands.
Our fishery begins at the Copper River delta and extends nearly 100 nautical miles west to the Prince William Sound. In order to make the long swim up the Copper River, or one of the many other glacial streams that feed into Prince William Sound, the salmon feed and bulk up in the cold nutrient-rich waters of the Sound. The fish develop a healthy layer of fat and increased Omega 3 oils. It is this attribute, along with the lean protein and amino acid content that makes our wild-caught salmon such a nutritious superfood.”
Beverages /Alcohol: We do not provide alcohol on this trip, but if you’d like to bring an alcoholic beverage of your choice, we will bring it to the beach for your meal. Water and hot beverages are provided.
- Glacier Discovery Train Departs Anchorage at 9:45 AM, Girdwood at 11 AM, Whittier at 12:30 PM, & Portage at 1:25 PM. Coastal Classic Returns to Girdwood at 9 PM, Anchorage at 10:30 PM.
- We provide rubber boots, a rain poncho (If it is a rainy day), & Personal Flotation Device (life vest) for your Raft tour.
- We have a 10 person minimum for this tour.
- Most guests bring their cameras, we can’t guarantee that they won’t get wet, but you should get amazing photos.
- We require all guests to sign a release of liability on all tours.
- Spencer Lake Distances: The paddle across the lake is approximately 2 miles one way. It takes anywhere between 20 Minutes (With Calm Perfect weather) to 1 hour to paddle across the lake. 35 Minutes to not possible to get to the glacier face if it is too windy for a Raft.
- There are restrooms on the train, at the Spencer Whistle Stop, and a Forest Service Restroom on the Western Edge of the lake. There are no restrooms once we are on the lake, backcountry options only.
Weather and Trip Adjustments
Water levels, wind, and other natural factors beyond our control may cause us to alter your trip.
Cancellation Policy for Day Tour Bookings:
Cancellations made 10 days or more in advance are 90% refundable.
Cancellations within 10 days are nonrefundable.
Gratuity / Tip: Our guides are expected to go above and beyond for this trip and greatly appreciate any & all gratuities.