Glacier Salmon Bake with Bears, Trains, and Icebergs
- Ride the Glacier Discovery Train & Coastal Classic AK Railroad
- Float by Icebergs on Spencer Lake
- Guaranteed Wildlife at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Wild AK Salmon Bake Dinner at Spencer Glacier
Lunch Provided: Catered Sack Lunch includes Sandwich/wrap, piece of fruit, chips & dessert. If you are vegetarian or have any special dietary requests, please let us know ahead of time.
Enjoy an authentic Alaskan meal under the midnight sun at Spencer Lake. Alaska Salmon caught from the Kenai, Copper, and Bristol Bay (depending on time of year) will be grilled by your chef. Side dishes prepared by Spoons Catering in Girdwood, AK include: pasta salad with pesto & roasted peppers; Caesar salad, garlic bread, triple chocolate brownie, and hot drinks. Vegetarian and children menu options also available. You won’t have a finer dinner experience in Alaska.
Vegetarian, gluten free, and children options available. Please let us know ahead of time if you have any dietary requests or needs.
Beverages /Alcohol: We do not provide alcohol on this trip, but if you’d like to bring an alcohol beverage of your choice, we will bring it to the beach for your meal. Water and hot beverages are provided.
- Glacier Discovery Train Departs Anchorage at 9:45 AM, Girdwood at 11AM, Whittier at 12:30 PM, & Portage at 1:25 PM. Coastal Classic Returns to Girdwood at 9 PM, Anchorage at 10:30 PM.
- We provide rubber boots, rain poncho (If it is a rainy day), & Personal Flotation Device (life vest) for your Raft / Canoe tour.
- We have a 3 person minimum for this tour.
- Most guests bring their cameras, we can’t guarantee that they won’t get wet, but you should get amazing photos.
- We require all guests to sign a release of liability on the rafting/canoe tours.
- Spencer Lake Tour Canoe capacity & Raft Vs. Canoe– 4 people min/10 people max per canoe. We don’t recommend a minimum of 4 guests in the canoe unless you are strong paddlers, and there is no wind on the lake. The guide provides the steering in the back for the canoe, but is unable to provide as much muscle power to get across the lake. Whereas, in a raft a guide will provide the majority of the power to get across the lake. Guests can paddle assist in a raft, which is helpful and encouraged. As one of our guides likes to say during his canoe safety speech, “this is not a Disneyland ride with a magical cable that is going to pull you across the lake to the glacier, it is up to your determination & muscle power.”
- Spencer Lake Distances: The paddle across the lake is approximately 1.25 miles one way. It takes anywhere between 20 Minutes (With Calm Perfect weather) to 1 hour to paddle across the lake in a Canoe. 35 Minutes to Not possible if windy in a Raft.
- There are restrooms on the train, at the Spencer Whistle Stop, and a Forest Service Restroom on the Western Edge of the lake. There are not restrooms once we are on the lake, backcountry options only.
Weather and Trip Adjustments
Water levels, wind, and other natural factors beyond our control may cause us to alter your trip.
Chugach Adventures’ Cancellation Policy:
Any cancellation made up to 7 days in advance will receive a 50% refund. For cancellations within 48 hours, NO refund will be given. Cancellations made 8 days or more in advance will receive a full refund minus a 5% transaction fee.
AK RAILROAD Cancellation Policy & Change Fee Information: All paid bookings are subject to a 10% change fee for the Railroad portion of the trip cost, if a date change is requested within 30 days.