Wildlife Guaranteed on this tour!
- Musk Oxen, Black Bear, Moose, Caribou, Wood Bison, Brown Bear, Porcupine and many more.
- One of the best Gift Shops in Alaska at AWCC.
- Catered Sack Lunch Provided. If you are vegetarian or gluten-free or have any other dietary restrictions, please let us know ahead of time. Lunch includes a Sandwich, Fruit, Chips, and a Dessert.
- Children- This trip is suitable for all ages. If you have young children, please let us know so we can provide car seats.
- Train Tickets are included in the cost of the tour. They will be booked and waiting for you when you arrive at the train station.
9:45 AM – Glacier Discovery Train Departs Anchorage
11:00 AM – Deboard at Girdwood Train Depot to start AWCC Tour
10:40 AM – Pickup from Hotel Alyeska front lobby by Chugach Adventures guide
10:45 AM – Meet at Girdwood Train Depot to start AWCC Tour (for guests starting in Girdwood with their own vehicle)
11:00 – 11:15 AM – Shuttle van ride to Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
11:15 – 1:00 PM – Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center Tour (AWCC)– Alaska’s Premier Wildlife Sanctuary for injured and orphaned big game Alaska animals located in Portage, Alaska
1:00 PM – Return to Portage Train Station. Catered Sack Lunch Provided.
1:15 PM – Train Arrives at Portage
1:25 PM – Train Departs Portage
1:30 – 4:45 PM – Grandview Tour aboard the Alaska Railroad’s Glacier Discovery Train
5 – 5:15 PM – Return to Portage Station
5:15 PM – Anchorage & Girdwood guests board motorcoach bus/shuttle van for quicker transportation back to their original location
5:45 PM – Arrival in Girdwood / Hotel Alyeska
6:45 PM – Arrival in Anchorage
Cancellation Policy for Day Tour Bookings:
Cancellations made 10 days or more in advance are 90% refundable.
Cancellations within 10 days are nonrefundable.
Gratuity / Tip: Our guides are expected to go above and beyond for this trip and greatly appreciate any & all gratuities.