- 8:00 AM – Arrive into or pick-up at Girdwood.
- 8:45 AM – Alpine Air Helicopter Departure.
- 9:10 AM – Landing at Spencer Lake (Dependent on your groups custom hiking desire & time of year)
- Helicopter Landing Zone dependent on Weather and Snow Pack Conditions
- 9:15 – 10:30 AM / 12:15 PM Hike to Spencer Lake (1.5 to 5 + Miles Hike to your kayaks).
- Catered Lunch & Hot Drinks provided along the hike.
- 12:00-4:00 PM Glacier Blue Kayak around Icebergs at Spencer Lake and up close to the Glacier Terminus Face.
- 4:45 PM Board the AK Railroad Glacier Discovery Train to Portage Station
- 5:05 PM De-board Train at Portage Station for CA Shuttle to Girdwood Accommodations
- 5:30 PM Return Arrival to Girdwood
- Minimum of 2 Guests per booking party.
- 20 minute unforgettable scenic flight of the surrounding Chugach Mountains to Spencer Glacier.
- Additional Scenic Flight Time available for additional cost. Please let us know if you’d like a longer scenic helicopter ride or glacier landing.
- Catered lunch, drinks and snacks provided. Please let us know ahead of time of any dietary restrictions, vegetarian, gluten-free options.
- Rain ponchos, kayak splash tops, personal flotation devices / life jackets provided for the kayaking portion of the tour. We have a base camp at Spencer Lake with this equipment.
What to Bring:
- Hiking Boots or a good pair of sneakers that you can hike with.
- Warm clothes (wear synthetic layers)
- Rain Jacket
- Warm hat
- Please let us know what you have and what you will need to get fully outfitted and prepared for the trip.
- Trekking Poles Provided if Needed.
CA Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made up to 7 days in advance will receive a 50% refund. For cancellations within 48 hours NO refund will be given. Cancellations made 8 days or more in advance will receive a full refund minus a 5% transaction fee.